Monday, September 8, 2008

New Equipment: CPR Unit.

This evning I had picked up and installed at the back of the tank an $80 CPR Refugium. Now my tank starts to feel like professional, lol. I took off the surface skimmer as there is no space of it on the back right now and moved the heater over into refugium as to decrease the presence of equipment int the tank. The guy who sold me refugium said that I can replace the canister filter and that it was the only thing that he had running his 20 gallon tank on. I'll see about that after consulting with members of MRI also had carried out a one bucket PWC.
The ammonia reading prior to the PWC was.25 and the Ph was about 7.9 I'm looking into getting the light timer and a new 10K light bulb.
Oh, another survivor showed up - a serpae looking sea star! - she was spotted on the tank wall.

No comments:

Salty First Attempt (Failed)

Salty First Attempt (Failed)
My Salt Water Tank Very few mods from how I got it.

Water weed bought 5/6/08

Water weed bought 5/6/08
red gracilaria (?) - Got either desintegrated or eaten

Moni Jr. on top of live rock!

Moni Jr. on top of live rock!
I have like 3-4 of these - turned out to be Petsts!

Moni Sr.(Haitian pink-tip anemone)

Moni Sr.(Haitian pink-tip anemone)
Largest Anemone in my tank RIP - (rock crashed on her during tank maint)