Monday, February 2, 2009

Major Change in Flitration

As I was told multiple times biorings in marine aquaria cause issues with Phosphate etc. Phosphate in turn feeds green hair algae. My tank is being overrun by gha.
So, to combat this issue:
  1. I had removed all biorings from the middle chamber of my filter along with filter pads.
  2. I took one of the gha covered rocks from display and crushed it with wire cutters placing the rubble in the middle chamber. I had filled it up by use of another ugly rock from display.
  3. I had placed the the filter pads into the left (intake) chamber of the filter where the heater is.
Hopefully the change above will help with stabilizing the parameters and bringing them back to norm

No comments:

Salty First Attempt (Failed)

Salty First Attempt (Failed)
My Salt Water Tank Very few mods from how I got it.

Water weed bought 5/6/08

Water weed bought 5/6/08
red gracilaria (?) - Got either desintegrated or eaten

Moni Jr. on top of live rock!

Moni Jr. on top of live rock!
I have like 3-4 of these - turned out to be Petsts!

Moni Sr.(Haitian pink-tip anemone)

Moni Sr.(Haitian pink-tip anemone)
Largest Anemone in my tank RIP - (rock crashed on her during tank maint)