Sunday, June 21, 2009

PWC, Fragging...

Today I attempted to frag my Monti...
  1. Chipped off a less than 1" frag
  2. Glued the frag to the back wall of the tank
  3. The frag excerted some (burning sensation) white goo.
  4. Performed almost full bucket PWC.
  5. Re-glued the frag at lower level, but was unsuccessful and glued it by the hardening white goo.
  6. Attempted to re-superglue the mother-frag, but was unsuccessful.

What is the goo? Hopefully both the mother and the frag will do fine... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


Questions: what is that white goo and will my frag be alright? - Can I do anything for it?

No comments:

Salty First Attempt (Failed)

Salty First Attempt (Failed)
My Salt Water Tank Very few mods from how I got it.

Water weed bought 5/6/08

Water weed bought 5/6/08
red gracilaria (?) - Got either desintegrated or eaten

Moni Jr. on top of live rock!

Moni Jr. on top of live rock!
I have like 3-4 of these - turned out to be Petsts!

Moni Sr.(Haitian pink-tip anemone)

Moni Sr.(Haitian pink-tip anemone)
Largest Anemone in my tank RIP - (rock crashed on her during tank maint)