Saturday, May 30, 2009

Addition of Sea GBTA

Tonight when I brought some snails and a Green Bubble Tip Anemone from a friend on Manhattan Reefs home the lights were already out.
The anemone came in a plastic snak can from super market. It convinently attached itself to the lid. So all I needed to do was to dump the water from the cup into acclimator and squeez the lid in. Then I dropped in the snails.
Next, I established a dripper from the tank to the acclimator. In about an hour the water had tripled.
At this moment I took the five snails out and dropped them in the 14G. The anemone was still attached ot the plastic lid. Squishing it off with a finger didn't lead to anything, so I followed an advice by not forcing her off and just put the lid behind the rock where I wanted her to be. The lid floated off..! OK, second try - I lifted the rock and squeezed the lid in between the rock and the back wall. It stayed and I went to sleep.

No comments:

Salty First Attempt (Failed)

Salty First Attempt (Failed)
My Salt Water Tank Very few mods from how I got it.

Water weed bought 5/6/08

Water weed bought 5/6/08
red gracilaria (?) - Got either desintegrated or eaten

Moni Jr. on top of live rock!

Moni Jr. on top of live rock!
I have like 3-4 of these - turned out to be Petsts!

Moni Sr.(Haitian pink-tip anemone)

Moni Sr.(Haitian pink-tip anemone)
Largest Anemone in my tank RIP - (rock crashed on her during tank maint)