Tuesday, May 6, 2008

New Life, New Equipment

T = 80 F
Ammonia: 0.25

Today I have bought a new plant (water weed) at Petco for about $2.00. I got it to diversify bioload in my tank with a secret hope that it will somehow help with ammonia level. I had requested its ID on the fish forum where I usually go. I had temperature acclimated it, and then dropped it in my tank. The plant naturally fell to the bottom w/o need to burry it in the sand where it makes now a nice natural centerpiece for my tank. I had thrown out that green plastic thing (see picture at the right).

Another thing, I bought a new piece of equipment for $37.00 that supposed to increase waterflow, eliminate ammonia, reduce the need for the water changes. This thing supposed to arrive on Friday to my work. We'll see how that will work out.

I'm afraid I had made a big mistake: I had cleaned the tank with papertowel sprayed with glass cleaner and then reached into the tank with my hands. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

No comments:

Salty First Attempt (Failed)

Salty First Attempt (Failed)
My Salt Water Tank Very few mods from how I got it.

Water weed bought 5/6/08

Water weed bought 5/6/08
red gracilaria (?) - Got either desintegrated or eaten

Moni Jr. on top of live rock!

Moni Jr. on top of live rock!
I have like 3-4 of these - turned out to be Petsts!

Moni Sr.(Haitian pink-tip anemone)

Moni Sr.(Haitian pink-tip anemone)
Largest Anemone in my tank RIP - (rock crashed on her during tank maint)